Entries & Exits
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Front float (mushroom or jellyfish), 10 sec.
- Swim 5m on front, rollover.
- Back float, 10 sec.
- Swim 5m on back.
- Scull, float or tread for 30 sec (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills).
Search for and recover an object in chest deep (student’s) water.
Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- Movement on front 25m (alternating arms & legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs).
- Movement on back 15m (alternating arms & legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs).
Survival & Activity Skills
Scull, float or tread for 30 sec.
Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Swim 15m using any survival stroke.
- Swim to pool edge and climb out.
- Put on an appropriately sized PFD and jump into the water (at least 1.4m deep)
- Swim 25m with PFD, then climb out of the water.
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Health Awareness.
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques.