Entries & Exits
Sculling & Body Orientation
Scull, float or tread for whilst making a self-made float within 5 min
In at least 1.8m deep water, perform head-first surface dive (tuck or pike) and perform ear
equalisation, if necessary and swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m.
Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- 100m Front Crawl (within 3:00 min).
- 100m Breaststroke (within 4:00 min).
- 100 m Backstroke (within 3:20 min).
- 50m Survival Backstroke.
- 50m Sidestroke.
- 15m Butterfly.
Survival & Activity Skills
Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Enter deep water using a compact jump.
- Perform a headfirst surface dive to a depth of at least 1.8m (and perform ear equalisation, if necessary).
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m and resurface.
- Swim 45m quickly using front crawl.
- Then, swim slowly for a further 50m using any preferred survival swim stroke.
- Remove pants in deep water and make a float with it while treading water within 5 min.
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P.) technique with the self-made float for 1 min.
- Then swim 25m with the self-made float and climb out of the water.
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Health Awareness.
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques.