SWIMSAFER STAGE 6 GOLD
Advance Personal Survival & Swimming Skill Proficiency
Children will be required to perform strokes with greater ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over 400 metres. Rescue skills and water safety knowledge will focus on lifesaving readiness. Standing dive and personal safety skills will continue to be taught.
SwimSafer Stage 6 Gold Test Criteria
Entries & Exits
1. Standing dive.
Sculling & Body Orientation
1. Scull, float or tread for whilst making a self-made float within 5 min (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills).
- In at least 1.8m deep water, perform head-first surface dive (tuck or pike) and perform ear
equalisation, if necessary and swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m.
Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- 100m Front Crawl (within 3:00 min).
- 100m Breaststroke (within 4:00 min).
- 100 m Backstroke (within 3:20 min).
- 50m Survival Backstroke.
- 50m Sidestroke.
- 15m Butterfly.
Survival & Activity Skills
Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Enter deep water using a compact jump.
- Perform a headfirst surface dive to a depth of at least 1.8m (and perform ear equalisation, if necessary).
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m and resurface.
- Swim 45m quickly using front crawl.
- Then, swim slowly for a further 50m using any preferred survival swim stroke.
- Remove pants in deep water and make a float with it while treading water within 5 min.
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P.) technique with the self-made float for 1 min.
- Then swim 25m with the self-made float and climb out of the water.
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival.
- Environmental Awareness.
- Health Awareness.
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques.